UNIVERSAL AUDIO – Internal Communications Specialist (HYBRID)
Consider providing our hiring team with more insights about why this role and working for an Audio/Music Technology company aligns well with your immediate and long-term career goals.
Location: Scotts Valley, CA OR Hybrid (position is not approved for 100% remote. Hybrid will require the Internal Communications Specialist to be onsite (HQ) a minimum of 3 days per week.)
As UA’s Internal Communications Specialist, you will be responsible for executing the internal communications strategy for UA’s Marketing, Human Resources, and other organizations (as needed) to ensure operational efficiency and support thought leadership.
The Internal Communications Specialist helps ensure that the ‘voice of UA’ culture is consistent across the entire company. Keeping strong company culture, craftsmanship and learning as core values.
The right candidate is a marketing professional with human resources sensibility.
Music Industry Jobs / Universal Audio Jobs / Universal Audio Salary
Internal Communications Specialist
Responsibilities at Universal Audio:
- Partner with leadership to support the development of UA’s internal communications strategy and execute against it, including key messaging, communication channels, and tactics.
- Create, deliver, and/or edit internal communications content, including email updates, global and local meeting invites, newsletters, intranet content, slack, videos, and presentations.
- Work with key organizational stakeholders to ensure all internal communication is clear, consistent, and aligned with the company’s goals and values.
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness of internal communications and make recommendations for improvement based on feedback and data analysis.
- Develop and maintain a content and corporate events calendar to ensure that internal communications are timely and relevant.
- Identify opportunities to promote employee engagement and help foster a positive company culture.
- Assist with crisis communications, ensuring all employees are informed and up to date.
- Maintain the company’s internal communication tools, ensuring they are up-to-date, user-friendly, and aligned with the company’s goals and values.
- Coordinate internal events and other initiatives to promote employee engagement and strengthen the company culture.
- Assist with project management tasks for external events as needed (NAMM, Job Fairs, etc.)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Music recording/creation technology including recording interfaces, effects processors/plug-ins, digital audio workstations, guitar products, microphones, and virtual instruments expertise preferred.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience with content creation and delivery, including email, newsletters, intranet content, videos, and presentations.
- Ability to work collaboratively with key stakeholders across the organization.
- Knowledge of best practices for internal communications.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience managing and maintaining internal communication tools is a plus (internal email software, intranet, Zoom, Trello Boards, etc.)
- Ability and passion for assisting with Zoom Meetings (set-up, hosting, technical and sound checks, waiting room management, Q&A’s, etc.)
- Passion and experience developing and driving slide deck content creation and editing for leadership, management and internal employee communication events (company all hands, executive presentations, etc.)
- Experience working within an agile work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline and/or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in internal communications, corporate communications, or related fields.
California Salary Range = $96K – $125K
Base salary/hourly rate of pay will be based on the cost of labor for the city/state in which the new hire resides, at the time of hire.
UA offers competitive benefits: Profit sharing, Medical/Dental/Vision, 401K Safe Harbor Contribution, Stock Options, Flexible time-off (PTO/Sick Leave/Company Holiday Time-off), etc.
UA Mission: We exist to thrill and inspire music makers everywhere with timeless sound and impeccable craftsmanship, freeing the songs inside and allowing you to sound like the records you love.
UA Vision: In the future, music makers around the world will trust Universal Audio as a friend and creative partner, inspiring them to craft amazing records as naturally as playing their first instrument or singing their favorite song. The best home, project, and professional studios will feature most of the UA equipment from floor to ceiling — ranging from audio interfaces and guitar gear to microphones and software — all of it working together to deliver unrivaled sonics and operational symphony. Our customers will eagerly await each new UA product like a hit record or blockbuster movie, trusting that it may spark them to create the best music of their lives. In doing so, UA will become revered worldwide as the way that music is made.
Universal Audio is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. UA also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on these protected categories.