TIKTOK – MUSIC PARTNERSHIP DEVELOPMENT LEAD, NA (US)
|LOCATION:||LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES|
|SALARY:||$145,000 – $263,000 ANNUALLY.|
|CLOSING DATE:||DECEMBER 15, 2023|
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
WHY JOIN US
Creation is the core of TikTok’s purpose. Our platform is built to help imaginations thrive. This is doubly true of the teams that make TikTok possible.
Together, we inspire creativity and bring joy – a mission we all believe in and aim towards achieving every day.
To us, every challenge, no matter how difficult, is an opportunity; to learn, to innovate, and to grow as one team. Status quo? Never. Courage? Always.
At TikTok, we create together and grow together. That’s how we drive impact – for ourselves, our company, and the communities we serve.
As the Music Partnership Development Lead (North America), you will play a pivotal role within the Music Vertical of the Global Music Partnership Development team. Our team specializes in forging high-level partnerships in the area of music business across the globe. Our primary goal is to grow the ByteDance music ecosystem by enhancing ByteDance products within the music sector through strategic collaborations with target partners and to deliver a distinct and elevated experience to the artist community.
If you’re a forward-thinking, strategic individual with a strong passion for music and deep understanding of platform business and the ability to transform ideas into action, we encourage you to join our team and contribute to our mission of elevating the music experience for artists and ByteDance products.
- Stay informed and Strategize: Stay abreast of changes and trends within the ByteDance platform and the music/entertainment/media industry. Develop impactful strategies for the team based on industry insights.
- Strategic Partner Identification: Identify and prioritize potential strategic partners in the music industry, including platforms, media, content relations as well as product support. Align these partnerships with internal product goals and market needs. Establish and nurture relationships from initiation through execution.
- Execution and Negotiation: Execute partnership agreements and negotiate terms as necessary, fostering mutually beneficial relationships with industry leaders.
- Alignment with Company Objectives: Align with product updates, business roadmaps, and overall company objectives. Explore opportunities to fulfill partners’ needs by developing creative and mutually beneficial partnership plans.
- Innovation and Insights: Proactively share ideas and insights for product innovations on behalf of our core partners.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate with relevant internal teams to ensure that ByteDance takes partner input into account in relevant product and policy decisions. Effectively communicate with cross-functional teams to align with their goals, share resources, and create synergistic outcomes.
- Fast-Paced Environment: Thrive in a results-oriented, fast-paced team environment, adept at managing multiple projects concurrently while collaborating with colleagues worldwide.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or above with outstanding academic performance.
- Experience: Over 10 years of professional experience, preferably in the digital music industry or platform business, along with excellent strategic thinking and public communication skills.
- Industry Knowledge: A solid understanding of North American music, media and entertainment landscape, including key players, developing trends, and related platforms.
- Strategic Thinking: Demonstrated ability to think strategically, with a knack for identifying and capitalizing on growth opportunities.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Highly entrepreneurial mindset, always seeking innovative ways to drive success and growth.
- Product Understanding: Deep understanding of product development and its role within the music industry.
- Proactive and Organized: Proactive, organized, and responsible, with the ability to work effectively in a team.
- Action-Oriented: Proven ability to translate creative ideas into actionable plans and results.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our recruitment processes for candidates with disabilities, pregnancy, sincerely held religious beliefs or other reasons protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation, please reach out to us at email@example.com
The base salary range for this position in the selected city is $145,000 – $263,000 annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, and restricted stock units.
Our company benefits are designed to convey company culture and values, to create an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to support our employees to give their best in both work and life. We offer the following benefits to eligible employees:
We cover 100% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, approximately 75% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with a company match. As well as Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans. In addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) Options like Health Care, Limited Purpose and Dependent Care.
Our time off and leave plans are: 10 paid holidays per year plus 17 days of Paid Personal Time Off (PPTO) (prorated upon hire and increased by tenure) and 10 paid sick days per year as well as 12 weeks of paid Parental leave and 8 weeks of paid Supplemental Disability.
We also provide generous benefits like mental and emotional health benefits through our EAP and Lyra. A 401K company match, gym and cellphone service reimbursements. The Company reserves the right to modify or change these benefits programs at any time, with or without notice.