FIREBIRD – DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND SALES OPERATIONS – MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT (REMOTE)
|$100K – $125K
|DECEMBER 31, 2023
Director of Business Development and Sales Operations – Media & Entertainment (Music Industry Experience Preferred)
Department: Corporate Development
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Location: Remote – New York, Los Angeles, or Nashville
Reports To: CEO and COO
Salary Range: $100K – $125K
Firebird is a next generation music company providing career and brand guidance to over 1,000 artists worldwide to help them develop and grow broader global audiences and build longer lasting, higher impact, more profitable careers.
Redefining the intersection of music, technology and finance, Firebird has rich expertise across the spectrum of artist management and intellectual property creation, from traditional endeavors like touring and recording, to cutting edge marketing and consumer product development, to emerging digital platforms from gaming to AI.
Firebird’s roster of partners includes some of the most important companies across the various aspects of the music landscape today including Red Light Management, Mick Management, Transgressive, Defected, Ntertain, Tape Room, Easier Said and many more.
The Director of Business Development and Sales Operations will play a pivotal role in driving growth and revenue for Firebird Music and its partner companies within the highly competitive and evolving music industry landscape.
This multifaceted role requires a seasoned professional with extensive experience in the music industry and a proven track record in business development, sales, and operations. The ideal candidate would have extensive relationships with artists, artist managers, lawyers, business managers and other key executives in the music industry.
Sales Operations Management:
- Oversee all aspects of sales operations, including sales planning, client identification and outreach, customer profiling, sales collateral development and performance analysis.
- Implement efficient sales processes and workflows to support C-Level executives and a cross-functional business development team
Revenue Growth Initiatives:
- Lead initiatives to drive revenue growth, focusing on building a larger sales funnel, relationship development, and monetization/conversion strategies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team at Firebird to develop compelling offerings for artists and artist managers
Market Analysis and Insights:
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify opportunities,emerging trends, consumer behavior, and competitive landscape in the music and entertainment industry.
- Utilize insights to inform strategic decision-making and business development efforts.
- Lead the implementation and customization of a CRM platform, providing guidance, training and support to team members
- Foster a collaborative and results-driven culture within the sales and business development teams.
Business Development Strategy
- Develop and execute comprehensive business development strategies to expand market reach and identify new opportunities.
- Cultivate and manage strategic partnerships to enhance the company’s presence in the music and entertainment industry.
Client Relationship Management
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key clients, industry partners, and stakeholders to drive business growth and brand reputation
- Act as a key representative of the company in client interactions and negotiations.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in business development and sales operations within the media and entertainment industry, preferably with a focus on the music sector. Ideal candidates would also have some exposure to artists management.
- Proven track record of driving revenue growth, establishing partnerships, and delivering successful business development initiatives.
- Strong understanding of music industry trends, market dynamics, and consumer behavior.
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to translate insights into actionable plans.
- Proficiency in CRM software and sales analytics tools.
- Passion for music and entertainment with a deep appreciation for various music genres and trends.