BELIEVE – QUALIFIED SOLICITOR – MUSIC BUSINESS (UK, HYBRID)
|LOCATION:||LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM, HYBRID|
|CLOSING DATE:||DECEMBER 17, 2023|
Believe is one of the world’s leading digital music companies. Believe’s mission is to develop local artists and labels in the digital ecosystem by providing them the solutions they need to grow their audience at each stage of their career and development.
Its 1,650 employees in more than 50 countries aim to support local artists and labels with a unique digital expertise, respect, fairness and transparency.
To support our fast-growing presence on all continents, we are constantly looking for new Believers to join us and make a stronger and more positive impact on the music industry!
Believe is listed on compartment A of the regulated market of Euronext Paris (Ticker: BLV, ISIN: FR0014003FE9).
Ready to #setthetone with Believe?
We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic qualified solicitor with experience and passion for music law to work in the legal & business affairs department of our London office.
You will report directly to the senior business affairs lawyer and in dotted line to the Chief Legal Office of Believe based in Europe (France) and work closely with all teams within the business based in the UK and with the Central Legal Department located in France.
Primarily handling label and artists signings for our distribution / artist services departments, you will ensure that the Believe Group processes, contract templates and business rules are applied throughout negotiations and completion of deals. You will provide consistent legal support to the admin and sales teams to ensure we sign contracts as efficiently as possible.
In practical terms, your tasks and responsibilities are to:
- review, negotiate and complete contracts under the supervision and guidance of the senior business affairs lawyer ;
- implement the guidelines, processes and policies set up by the Believe Group, as adapted where applicable to comply with the laws of England & Wales;
- deal with a wide range of music industry related agreements including; synchronisation licences, compilation licences, broadcast agreements, marketing services and brand partnerships;
- assist on litigation matters, reporting to our head of litigation in Paris and with external lawyers where necessary;
- Liaise with Headquarter Legal department (based in France) through a detailed reporting, in order to seek approval and ensure all relevant information is shared ;
- Liaise with other departments of the group and train as necessary to ensure templates are well understood and implemented;
- Participate as required to elaboration of template & establishment of process at local or group level;
- assist with general corporate, compliance, and business matters in the UK where legal input is required.
- Legal monitoring on local laws, in particular in the field technonology applied to intellectual property;
- A minimum of 4 years PQE as a lawyer in the music business sector either in-house or in private practice.
- Team player, with excellent inter-personal skills that enable you to communicate efficiently at different levels of the Believe Group in the UK and abroad. You are friendly, cooperative and willing to assist with all day-to-day queries that arise.
- Proven aptitude for reporting. Used to working with Groups headquartered abroad, and with management located abroad (France).
- Possess a solid understanding of the legal and contractual frameworks in the music industry, including copyright, licensing, and intellectual property matters.
- Demonstrated ability to draft, review, and negotiate contracts and agreements, with strong attention to detail and excellent negotiation skills.
- Business facilitator, showing a solution oriented spirit to support the closing of a deal.
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects, prioritise tasks, and meet deadlines effectively.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, embracing new challenges and displaying flexibility in responding to evolving industry trends and business needs.
- The preferred candidate should exhibit a natural ability and familiarity with a tech-driven environment notably through usage of contracting and CRM tools, excellent abilities with digital platforms and advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
SET THE TONE WITH US
We have two hearts at Believe – our People and our Artists.
We believe in THE POWER OF OUR PEOPLE, who grow every day to develop their potential… We aim to provide our Believers with the best environment to thrive.
ROCK THE JOB
- Two remote working days a week
- Private Health Care
- Pension plan with matched contribution up to 10%
- 25 days annual leave, with 1 day for your birthday
- Life assurance and long-term disability cover
- Access to Eutelmed, a digital mental health and well-being platform that allows you to speak with an experienced psychologist
- Tailor-made training and coaching program
- 40% discount on gym membership and free yoga classes
SING IN HARMONY
Ambassador groups to engage with reducing Believe’s carbon and environmental footprint and improve gender equity.
Believe is committed to ensuring equal opportunities in employment, regardless of origin, sex, morals, sexual orientation, gender, age, family status pregnancy, race, political opinions, trade union activities, religious beliefs, physical appearance, family name, place of residence, state of health, or disability.