ANTHEM ENTERTAINMENT – MANAGER, COPYRIGHT (US, CA)
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Senior Director, Legal & Business Operations, the Manager, Copyright is responsible for ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all copyright registrations, with specific expertise pertaining to the Library of Congress.
- Serves as the main point of contact for Library of Congress registrations, working with Acquisitions, Royalties and Administration, and Legal teams to facilitate copyright registrations upon closing deals.
- Conducts copyright due diligence on potential music catalogs for Acquisitions team.
- Works with internal team members to manage and resolve escalated and complex copyright registrations (copyright certification of recordations, rejections, transfers, etc.).
- Ensures that all existing copyrights are accurately registered.
- Regular collaboration with Manager, Corporate Finance and Investor Relations, serving as copyright registrations subject matter expert.
- Creates, maintains, and reports relevant KPIs/metrics.
- Provides expertise, guidance and strategic recommendations to internal teams regarding copyright registration processes and best practices to ensure continuous improvement.
- Consistently upgrades skills to ensure compliance with Library of Congress mandates.
- Stays abreast of current and upcoming Library of Congress initiatives and process changes and communicates necessary information to internal stakeholders.
- Effectively communicates policies, practices, and procedures for copyright registrations to internal stakeholders.
- Assists Legal department with enforcement actions including litigation support and DMCA takedowns.
- Liaises with Anthem Entertainment’s label, global affiliate companies, and corporate teams.
- Assists with drafting appropriate forms and agreements that are required by the Library of Congress for purposes of registration and transfers.
- Ad-hoc projects and tasks as required.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in the legal industry and/or a Legal Assistant Certificate from an ABA approved institution.
- Minimum three to five (3 – 5) years with related experience in copyright registration required; music business experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Library of Congress copyright systems required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Results driven with the ability to organize, prioritize, and follow-through.
- Ability to comprehend and summarize multiple sources of information, including legal documents, and make decisions based on the information.
- Ability to interact professionally, both written and verbal, with a diverse population of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet multiple deadlines within specific timeframes, while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated proficiency with internet research and discovery tools. • Prior experience with database management and Google Analytics preferred.
- Analytical and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to stay organized, on task, and self-motivated.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Customer service focused.
- Pro-active; takes ownership of responsibilities assigned.
- Analytical and determined.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities.
- Personable and positive attitude.
APPLY HERE ⬇