Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Music Library at APPLE MUSIC
At Apple, we believe that music is a universal language that brings people together. That’s why we built Apple Music, a streaming service that has revolutionized the world of music. With Apple Music, you can access millions of songs, curated playlists, and exclusive content, all from the palm of your hand. Our Cloud Library Services team is dedicated to providing the best possible music experience for our users. We power some core Apple Music features such as iCloud Library, SharePlay, Playlists, and Radio within Apple Music. We are looking for a talented backend services engineer to help build systems that push the boundaries of innovation in the cloud services space for Apple Music. As a top notch engineer, you have the opportunity to be part of this game-changing product and help us continue to revolutionize the world of music. At Apple, we value diversity and inclusion, and we are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive workplace for all. Come make something great with us and be part of a team that is making a difference in the world!
- 6+ years of work experience in infrastructure and software engineering
- Proficiency in Java or another OO language
- Strong data structures, algorithms, and OO software design and implementation skills
- Experience developing large-scale web-based services and applications
- Deep understanding of multi-threading, concurrency, caching, and distributed storage technologies
- Experience working with a key value store (Redis, Cassandra, Voldemort, etc)
- Ability to juggle a high workload and multiple responsibilities
- Experience working with big data technologies such as Spark, MapReduce, Hadoop, Kafka
- Strong written and interpersonal skills
- Know your way around a Unix command line environment
Music Industry Jobs / Apple Music Jobs Seattle / Apple Music Salary
The Apple Media Products Music Services organization is looking for a world-class engineer to build and improve some of the core features in Apple Music and the iTunes Store. The Cloud Library Services team is responsible for powering core Apple Music features such as iCloud Library, SharePlay, as well as playlists and radio within Apple Music. This position is for a Backend Software Engineer within the Cloud Library Services team. You will design and build scalable cloud based features powering millions of devices and for millions of Apple Music subscribers. You will work closely in collaboration with other world class engineers, researchers, and statisticians to deliver cutting edge features that implement state-of-the-art algorithms and techniques. If you are driven by creatively solving complex engineering and algorithmic problems at high scale, then we are looking for you!
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience, MS or PhD preferred.
Pay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $161,700 and $284,900, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.