As the Head of Audio Advertising Partnerships, you will own the business & monetization strategy for the free tier of Amazon Music.
Key Job Responsibilities
Amazon Music is hiring an experienced business leader to oversee and scale our emerging global streaming music advertising business. As the Head of Audio Advertising Partnerships, you will own the business & monetization strategy for the free tier of Amazon Music. As the owner of the P&L associated with this advertising revenue stream, you will partner with a high performing matrixed team across Product, Ads, and Finance. In partnership with the Ads organziation, you will drive Revenue Growth, Product Partnership, Business Operations, and the conceptualization of new ad products.
Taking ownership of the program and its objectives, you will showcase your expertise in effectively managing programs and growing existing and net new businesses. Clear and effective communication skills will be vital in collaborating and engaging with stakeholders (both internally & externally) at all organizational levels. You will drive data-driven decision-making to effectively expand our commercial footprint, manage escalations, dependencies, competing priorities, and deliverables. As it pertains to the ad monetization, of the free tier with counterparts across the Ads organization, you will co-own business reviews, reporting, goal-setting, and the annual operating plan.
Thriving in ambiguous situations, you possess a strong commitment and exhibit a customer-obsessed mindset. Your dedication to understanding and exceeding customer expectations will be a driving force in your approach. Success in this position calls for a strong ability to think strategically while remaining grounded in the realities of business goals. We are seeking an innovative, creative, analytical, technical and strategic thinker who is passionate about Entertainment, Advertising, and Partner Success. This key role will be highly visible at the most senior levels of Amazon.
About the team
Amazon Music is an immersive audio entertainment service that deepens connections between fans, artists, and creators. From personalized music playlists to exclusive podcasts, concert livestreams to artist merch, Amazon Music is innovating at some of the most exciting intersections of music and culture. We offer experiences that serve all listeners with our different tiers of service: Prime members get access to all the music in shuffle mode, and top ad-free podcasts, included with their membership; customers can upgrade to Amazon Music Unlimited for unlimited, on-demand access to 100 million songs, including millions in HD, Ultra HD, and spatial audio; and anyone can listen for free by downloading the Amazon Music app or via Alexa-enabled devices. Join us for the opportunity to influence how Amazon Music engages fans, artists, and creators on a global scale. Learn more at https://www.amazon.com/music.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
MUSIC INDUSTRY JOBS / AMAZON MUSIC JOBS NEW YORK
– 10+ years of professional or military experience
– 7+ years of developing, negotiating and executing business agreements experience
– Bachelor’s degree
– Experience developing strategies that influence leadership decisions at the organizational level
– Experience owning program strategy and end to end delivery that influence leadership decisions
– Experience managing, analyzing and communicating results to senior leadership
– Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
– Experience in large scale organizational transformation and change management
– Experience selling to Fortune 1000 or Global 2000 organizations similar experience
– Able to build and maintain a network of relationships which facilitate deal flow.
– Experience as a founder or executive focused on related segments, or as a practice leader or business unit owner
– A proven leader of teams with a history of attracting and retaining top talent.
– Experience with global and emerging markets.
– Quantitative skills to produce innovative, intentional, and creative work
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
– Passion for the media industry in general with understanding of emerging trends and innovations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $140,800/year in our lowest geographic market up to $262,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.