BMG – SR. MANAGER, INCOME TRACKING (US)
|NASHVILLE, UNITED STATES
|JANUARY 12, 2024
Come As You Are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
SR. MANAGER, INCOME TRACKING
Every day, BMG collects various income streams and usage data from all over the world. It is checked, then double-checked so our clients are paid fully, accurately and on time. That’s the job of BMG’s Income Tracking department.
As Sr. Manager, Income Tracking you will detect missing income and work towards recovering it, for catalogues like ZZ Top, John Legend, Mac Fleetwood or Motely Crue. First and foremost, your day-to-day workings will accede to BMG’s directive of fairness and transparency to its clients.
Are you driven and ready to grow a career in the music business?
Are you interested in professional development and technological training on the job?
Would you like to be part of a talented team of music professionals from around the world delivering the best to their clients?
BMG’s Incoming Tracking team has a 360°view of the music business and works closely with a wide remit of departments and foreign affiliate offices. The successful candidate will gain invaluable exposure into the workings of a global music business and all its income streams.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is eager to learn; if you are an organized, self-motivated music lover who enjoys detective work and deep-diving into data then this could be the dream job for you!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Conduct various income analysis, comparing income against usage data (e.g. Nielsen) and historical earnings
- Build out tracking controls and processes for new income streams
- Support the development of analytical tools and dashboards needed for your role
- Redirection support and chasing missing payments from sources
- Report on income tracking efforts and results
- Establish relationships with 3rd party sources (Labels, CMOs, Publishers)
- Inquiry income gaps with sources and pro-actively drive for income recovery
- Work closely with other departments (Admin, Royalties, LBA, Finance) and foreign affiliates to address tracking inquires
- You are ready to deep-dive and learn multiple aspects of BMG’s income streams
- You have exceptional communication skills (verbal and written) and high level of music business acumen
- You are keen to actively shape the department’s tools and processes
- You are highly pro-active and thrive working autonomously
- You are able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- You have exceptional attention to detail and the motivation to find any error via analysis
- Experience with royalty accounting, income tracking or revenue assurance in the music industry
- Strong analytical mindset
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Drive to recover missing income from 3rd Party sources
It’s a plus if you have knowledge in SQL and/or BI software (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Power BI). Ideally you’ve had first experiences in managing other team members.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Music Industry Jobs / BMG Jobs Nashville
- Enjoy flexibility with our hybrid setup: 3 days in office, 2 days remote.
- Experience peace of mind knowing that our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage has got you covered.
- Maximize your savings with our dollar-for-dollar 401(k) match of up to 6% after your first year.
- Say goodbye to accruing vacation days or hitting a cap; take time off when you need it with our flexible time off policy!
- Save money and time with our commuter benefits program.
- Stay healthy and earn financial rewards with our fitness reimbursement program and wellness incentives.
- Find your inner peace and boost your mental wellbeing with a complimentary subscription to the popular meditation app, Headspace.
- Access well-being support 24/7 through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Kick off your weekends early with Summer Fridays.
- Unlock your potential with development opportunities, including mentorship programs and LinkedIn Learning.
- Be inspired by our talented artists at our showcases and playbacks.
Are you interested? Follow the link to apply!
We are an E-Verify employer. For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history.
BMG’s fresh approach includes production music, films, books, artist management, merchandise, neighboring rights, and live as well as music publishing and recordings off the same service platform. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with. www.bmg.com
Company: BMG Rights Management (US) LLC
Country: United States of America
Postal Code: 37203
Job ID: 266646
Location: Nashville, TN, US, 37203